Gore Catchment Group
This large area covers from Knapdale to Tuturau and Kaiwera to Waimumu
027 683 7235
Number of members in the CG
Date the Catchment Group started
Types of people in the group
We are a diverse group, including members from Gore and Mataura towns, lifestyle blocks and rural deer, sheep, beef, dairy and also industry.
We have held Children’s Day, colouring competitions, Southern field days, river walks, farmer good management practice winter grazing field day and river clean ups.
- Waimumu Downs Enviroschool project in conjunction with Environment Southland
- Charlton pilot project
- Mataura River raft races
- Christmas hungi
- Colouring competitions
- High profile speakers to speak in the environmental space
- Storm water rubbish collection system
Approach / Vision
Draft Mission Statements
- Stewardship by community for community
- Support and Encourage
- Inform, educate, innovate, and share.
- We have a team approach.
- Our sizeable urban group at the heart of the catchment
We work with the rununga, working on building and formally recognising and celebrating this relationship.